At Airdrie Piano Lessons, Anthony’s approach to teaching piano is creative, fun, and challenging. It’s a method based on the best of classical pedagogy blended with modern songs and learning to play by ear as well as by reading music.
By quickly learning keyboard geography and training by ear, students are able to begin playing with freedom early in their studies. As the brain and physical co-ordination develop and knowledge of scales, chords, and music notation are introduced, the student builds a layer by layer understanding of how both music and the piano work.
In the process of learning to play the instrument, the student not only develops as musician but as a person. This is central to Anthony’s teaching – a holistic approach that uses the power of music to help each student grow in confidence, character, and conviction.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN AT AIRDRIE PIANO LESSONS -TOP 10 BENEFITS
PLAYING BY EAR
While many piano lessons focus on learning to read music, Airdrie Piano Lessons takes a holistic approach, one which involves learning to play by ear as well as reading music.
The brain loves a challenge and developing the ability to play piano with both hands does wonders for your grey matter.
Understanding the layout of the piano keyboard and being able to see the patterns will empower you to master songs in various keys.
This is really “brain training” because the student’s brain is trained to “hear” and decipher notes, intervals, melodies and chords.
Wouldn’t you love to play the piano to accompany yourself or other singers?
Anthony applies his classical music knowledge and training to teaching a variety of contemporary styles, keeping students motivated and having fun.
Anyone can use an index finger to plunk out a simple melody on a keyboard but wouldn’t you like to play full chords, flowing melodies, and scales in a variety of keys using a healthy, efficient technique?
DISCIPLINE & FOCUS
Learning to play a musical instrument requires the student to commit to regular practice which leads to increased confidence, the ability to set goals, master skills, focus, and achieve concrete results.
At Airdrie Piano Lessons, the focus is on “learning by doing” but it is also necessary to understand the “why” behind the “how”.
Twice a year, students perform in a live concert, giving them a goal to work towards and gaining valuable performance experience.
ABOUT YOUR PIANO TEACHER
- 25 years Experience
- 2018 Airdrie Arts Educator Award Nominee (AMNAs)
- Named Best Music School of 2019 by Star Metro Calgary Community Choice Awards
- Named Best Airdrie Music School by ThreeBestRated.ca for three years running (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Award-Winning Singer-Songwriter
- Professional Performer/Recording Artist
- Bachelor Of Classical Music (Mount Allison University)
- 2016 Positive Music Video Award of The Year Winner
- 2 Time Positive Music Award Finalist
- Indie International Songwriting Award Winner
- 17th Billboard World Song Contest Honorable Mention
- Produced numerous CDs Including Kid`s CDs, Audio Books, Pop/Rock CDs, etc.
- Conducted Songwriting Workshops in Public Schools
- Coach for professional musicians, vocalists, and recording artists
- Students have won both local and international contests and awards
MORE FROM AIRDRIE MUSIC LESSONS
Airdrie Music Lessons also offers Singing, Guitar, Drum, Ukulele, Fine Art and Rock Band classes from beginner to advanced.